I know a thing or two about finding a good leave in conditioner for men!
I’ve been there for my husband’s hair styles over the years, from super long and curly in college… to buzzed super short…
And now we have a son with a totally different hair type whose hair I change up throughout the year, as well!
One piece of advice before my list: leave-in conditioner is very different from texture cream or gel.
These leave-in conditioners I’m sharing may offer a bit of hold depending on your hair type, but they actually should moisturize the hair without creating build up! Yay!
10 Leave In Conditioners for Men!
1) Kiehl’s Creme with Silk Groom – I really enjoy using Kiehl’s products and this leave-in is meant to provide moisture to the hair so that it’s conditioned and protected from the elements, or styling. You can use a little on damp hair and it should condition without greasiness. This Kiehl’s cream is water-based but packs a good protein punch to help hair become stronger and shinier.
2) Tree Naturals ZEN Men’s Hair & Beard Leave in Conditioner Spray – I love when I see a product made without parabens, with natural ingredients, and in the USA (where I live). Aloe vera, glycerin, oils, vitamin b5 and other ingredients shine. The leave in conditioner is designed to make the hair and beard feel softer due to moisture and the scent sounds divinely masculine. Citrus, pine, sandalwood, cedar wood and vanilla…wow!
3) Aramis Protein-Enriched Hair Thickener – This product is scented like the brand’s signature cologne and is said to be great for fine flyaways or thinning hair. It is a cream gel, but using a small amount helps it act as more of a leave-in conditioner than a strong-hold product. The hold is buildable, so it just depends on how you want to use the hair thickener!
4) Bumble and Bumble Full Potential Booster Spray – Here’s an interesting leave in conditioning spray that’s meant to be used twice a day. Any hair type can benefit from this one and it’s targeted for breaking or thinning hair. This helps stimulate the scalp to encourage hair growth while protecting hair you already have from breakage and loss. Now, Bumble and Bumble can be pricey, but you get a generous amount of product that includes ingredients like caffeine and hops extract.
5) His Mix Leave in Conditioner for Men – Have you heard of the popular Mixed Chicks brand? Its products are designed especially with biracial curly hair types in mind and the brand has a very loyal following! Well, they realized that men would love products with a lighter hold that still fights frizz; bonus: it works on straight hair, too.
6) Aveda Men Pure-formance Grooming Cream – Aveda is another brand I’ve loved for years. Their products smell fresh and clean and are effective while using beneficial ingredients. Here is a cream that offers a little bit of hold, but not too much; perfect for fine hair. It can help your hair be more shiny, soft and healthy-looking without being weighed down.
7) Aesop Violet Leaf Hair Balm – A hair balm like this one by Aesop can help bring moisture back to hair that’s become wild due to dryness or breakage. It is great to tide you over until your next hair cut or trim! I love seeing shea butter and oils like wheat germ in hair products because those are high quality ingredients.
8) HAIRMAX ‘for density’ Activator Follicle Booster – Are you a guy with thinning hair? Check out this leave in conditioner for men who want to have a healthier scalp and therefore, thicker hair. The ingredients include good ones like peppermint oil, tea tree oil, castor oil, water and glycerin. This should help boost growth and thickness of your hair while keeping the hair you have nice and soft, too.
9) Kiehl’s Silk Groom Serum – Serums can be great leave-in conditioners for men whose hair is on the drier or coarser side. Here is another Kiehl’s hair product, but it is formulated for frizz-fighting and will be great for curly hair in high humidity, for example. Using a serum like this on damp hair will seal in moisture to prevent frizz, or you can use it on dry hair for heat styling or shine.
10) Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer – Men can use this product not only on hair, but on the skin after a shave! The scent is light and clean and Amazon has a great price for over 10 oz. It’s supposed to moisturize and make hair appear thicker without adding weight.
So what do you think of these picks? What’s your (or your guy’s) hair type?
Thanks for reading!